Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone makes a pair of trousers with pockets and an adjustable elasticated waist for comfort from a commercial pattern.
What you will learn on the day -
- How to measure yourself correctly so that you cut of the correct size.
- How to read, understand and cut out your pattern.
- Construct a pair of trousers
- How to sew structured pockets
- How to insert a waist band.
- How to finish seams and hem your trousers
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- 2 metres of fabric 60'' wide to construct your trousers or 2.5 metres of fabric 45'' wide. Fabric must be light to medium weight drapey fabric such as viscose, rayon, crepe, chambray.
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, dressmaking scissors, thread and a fresh machine needle for your own machine
Whats included in the price of the workshop?
- Full tuition
- Commercial sewing pattern for you to work from and take home
- A finishing kit containing the hardware for your garment.
If you are not sure what fabric you need we are happy to help you select some from our extensive range.
Skills needed - This course is suitable for confident beginners who can sew in a straight line.
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Availability - 4 Places available
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions?
Pop us an email email@example.com or phone us on 01782 610 241