Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone complete a Tilly and the Buttons Indigo Dress from a commercial pattern.
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to measure yourself correctly so that you cut of the correct size.
- How to read and understand and cut out a dress pattern.
- How to select and cut the correct fabric for your projects
- Construct bust darts
- How to attach all in one facings.
- How to finish seams and hem your dress
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- Fabric as outlined in the table within the images. Most light or medium weight woven fabrics, such as cotton, linen, rayon, viscose, wool, crepe or even silk (if you’re feeling adventurous!) will work.
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, dressmaking scissors and machine needles for your own machine
- Matching thread
Whats included in the price of the workshop?
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Commercial sewing pattern for you to work from and take home along with a full instruction booklet so that you can confidently make another one at home.
- Tea, coffee and cake supplied throughout the day.
Skills needed - This course is suitable for confident beginners who can use a sewing machine.
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Availability - 5 Places available
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions?
Pop us an email email@example.com or phone us on 01782 610 241