Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone completes an a Christmas tree wall hanging complete with lights!
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to baste and quilt
- How to install eyelets with a tool
- How to make a pouch for the battery pack and hanging tabs
- How to square up a quilted project
- How to make and apply binding.
- How to fit your lights
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, rotary cutter, quilters ruler, scissors and fresh sewing machine needles for your own machine.
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Tea, coffee and cake supplied throughout the day.
- Full Kit including;
- One panel
- 100% Cotton wadding
- Kona solid backing fabric
- Matching Blue snowflake fabric for the binding
- 100mtr Reel of Gutterman Sew All thread in light grey for the quilting
- Pack of eyelets and tool to apply
- Set of 30 warm white LED battery operated lights.
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions? Pop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01782 610 241