Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone complete a Tilly and the Buttons Ness Skirt from a commercial pattern. Please note that we won't have time in the workshop to complete the split version.
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to measure yourself correctly so that you cut of the correct size.
- How to read and understand and cut out a skirt.
- How to select and cut the correct fabric and interfacing for your projects
- How to Construct a skirt
- How to add a waistband
- How to insert pockets
- How to construct a fly front
- Hoe to inset a zip
- How to understitch
- How to edge stitch
- How to topstitch
- How to finish seams and hem your skirt
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- You MUST have a zipper foot for your machine, if you don't have one you will be unable to insert the zip.
- Fabric as outlined in the table within the images. Most medium to heavy weight woven fabrics, such as denim, corduroy, wool will be perfect.
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, dressmaking scissors and machine needles for your own machine
- 5'' jean zip
- 15-18mm button with shank
- 1/2 metre G700 iron on interfacing
- 1/2 metre cotton fabric for pocket facings.
- Matching thread
Whats included in the price of the workshop?
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Commercial sewing pattern for you to work from and take home along with a full instruction booklet so that you can confidently make another one at home.
- Tea, coffee and cake supplied throughout the day.
Skills needed - This course is a next steps workshop, you must have sewn a garment before to undertake this workshop.
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions?
Pop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01782 610 241