Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone completes an a quilt as you go table runner either with or without Christmas fabric.
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to baste your quilt sandwich
- How to cut your fabric accurately
- How to quilt as you go
- How to square up your table runner.
- How to make binding
- How to apply binding
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, rotary cutter, quilters ruler, scissors and fresh sewing machine needles for your own machine.
- 7 fat quarters or less if you don't want as much fabric variety as the table runner shown. ( I have used 7 fat quarts in mine - I used one of our scandi fat quarter bundles)
- 1 metre of fabric for the back of the table runner and binding - I recommend that this is a busy print.
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Tea, coffee and cake supplied throughout the day.
- Quilt as you go wadding
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions? Pop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01782 610 241