Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone complete a Tilly and the Buttons Coco dress either with or without front patch pockets from a commercial pattern.
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to measure yourself correctly so that you cut of the correct size.
- How to read and understand and cut out a dress pattern.
- How to select and cut the correct fabric and interfacing for your projects
- Construct a dress
- How to handle stretch fabric
- How to finish seams and hem your dress
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours)
- 2 metres of cotton fabric 60'' wide or 2.7 metres of fabric 45'' wide to construct your dress. Your fabric must be a medium stretch fabric such as interlock knit, double knit and ponte di roma, we can help with your fabric selection from our range in store.
- Basic sewing kit, including pins, dressmaking scissors and ball point machine needles for your own machine
Whats included in the price of the workshop?
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Commercial sewing pattern for you to work from and take home along with a full colour instruction booklet so that you can confidently make another one at home.
- 0.5 metres of cotton ribbon
- Twin needle to give your garment a professional finish.
- Tea, coffee and cake supplied throughout the day.
Skills needed - This course is suitable for confident beginners.
Workshop Times - 10am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Availability - 5 Places available
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
Plenty of FREE parking available.
Have any questions?
Pop us an email email@example.com or phone us on 01782 610 241