Please tell us at the checkout which jumper you would like to make so that we can have the pattern ready for you.
Come and join us for our modern, fun sewing classes at Hollies Haberdashery!
The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging with the emphasis on relaxed learning.
During this class, we’ll ensure that everyone completes a a jumper or jumper dress with regular or balloon sleeves in your size from a commercial pattern.
At Hollies Haberdashery it is important to us that you make your garment in a size to fit you. There is zero point in making a garment in a size from a pattern that won't fit you just because you don't fall within the designers measurements. We pride ourselves on spending the morning looking at your measurements, ease within the pattern and make adjustments to the pattern if needed either by grading between sizes or re drafting the pattern if required. (If you are worried about falling outside of the pattern measurements and would like to talk to us before you book please contact us on email@example.com using the subject Workshop so we can talk you though our process - don't worry its our mission to make sewing accessible to all!)
Here’s what we’ll cover on the day:
- How to measure yourself correctly.
- How to read, understand and cut out a pattern.
- How to alter your pattern to fit you either by re drafting or grading between sizes if applicable.
- How to select and cut the correct fabric for your projects.
- How affix cuffing professionaly.
- How to finish seams and hem your garment.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout however as this is a full day course we would recommend that you bring some lunch with you.
You will need to bring the following supplies to the class:
- Your sewing machine (or you can hire one of ours for £5 please let us know in the comments when booking if you need one).
- Fabric as outlined in the table within the images. Most medium weight stretch fabrics are suitable, such as french terry, interlock, ponte, sweater knit. For the cuffs you can use your main fabric of purchase separate rib cuff to coordinate.
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing kit, including thread, pins, tape measure, pencil, dressmaking and paper scissors and machine needles for your own machine suitable for your fabric choice.
Whats included in the price of the workshop?
- Full tuition and use of the workshop facilities
- Commercial sewing pattern for you to work from and take home along with a full instruction booklet so that you can confidently make another one at home worth £15.50
- Pattern paper and tools if we need to re draft your patten to fit.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied throughout the day.
If you are not sure what fabric you need we are happy to help you select some from our extensive range.
Skills needed - This course is suitable for beginners however you should be able to wind a bobbin, thread your machine and sew in a line.
Workshop Times - 9am - 4pm
Tutor - Sarah
Availability - This class is limited to four students to ensure you can all have quality time with the teacher.
Workshops Location - Hollies Haberdashery, 19 Barracks Court, Barracks Road, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 1LG
There is FREE parking available within the barracks, visitors parking bays are clearly marked with a V please ensure that you are not parking in any of the numbered bays as these are for permit holders.
Have any questions?
Pop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01782 610 241
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.