With a loose, body skimming silhouette and a number of interchangeable features, the Kalle Shirt & Shirtdress is the ultimate in chic, easy dressing.
View A is cropped with a wide faced hem, View B is a tunic length shirt inspired by classic men's oxfords, and View C is a stylish shirtdress with a high-low hem. All versions feature a subtly curved yoke, kimono sleeves with arm cuffs, and a dramatically shaped hem.
Personalize your Kalle with a standard or band collar, an optional breast pocket, an inverted or box pleat, and button, popover or hidden placket.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Make a fluid, drapey Kalle with soft fabrics like tencel, linen, rayon challis and silk crepe de chine. Crisper fabrics like poplin, chambray, voile, flannel and traditional shirtings will create a more structured silhouette.
SUPPLIESFabric - 44''/ 115cm wide
- View A - 0-6 = 2yd/1.8m, 8-20 = 2.25yd/2m
- View B - 0-14 = 2.5yd/2.3m, 16-20 = 2.75yd/2.5m
- View C - 0-14 = 2.75yd/2.5m, 16-20 = 3yd/2.75m
- View A - 0-6 = 1.5yd/1.4m, 8-14 = 1.75yd/1.6m, 16-20 = 2yd/1.85m
- View B - 0-6 = 1.75yd/1.6m, 8-14 = 2yd/1.85m, 16-20 = 2.25yd/2m
- View C - 0-6 = 2yd/1.85m, 8-14 = 2.25yd/2m, 16-20 = 2.5yd/2.25m
- Lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/2" shirt buttons (crop top = 5, tunic = 8, dress = 9, popover placket
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including zip foot or adjustable zip foot
SIZES (BODY MEASUREMENTS)